There are several classes of membership.
There are no membership fees. Membership classes and fees may be reviewed at a later date.
- Ordinary Member - An ordinary member is someone who expresses an interest in the ideas of the Church and requests membership.
- Active Member - Active members get involved in the Church. They may donate their time or services, help fund the running of the Church, or simply attend events when they occur.
- Member Organisation - A Member Organisation assists with the work of the Church through donation of time, goods, services or funds.
- Clergy - Clergy of the Interfaith Church are persons recognised by the Church who have:
1. obtained sufficient training and understanding in their belief system;
2. are recognised by respected people within their belief as being of clerical status;
3. are nominated and accept clergy status from the Church; and
4. meet any such requirements placed on them under their belief system, by the Interfaith Church or by their Affiliate Church as deemed necessary to hold and fulfill the duties of a cleric of the Church or the Affiliate Church.
- Affiliate Church or Organisation - An Affiliate is a Church or Organisation which recognises the spirit of interfaith in the same way as the Interfaith Church.
They promote equity between the faith systems of Australia in the realisation that this will have an effect outside of their normal spheres of influence. They believe that this effect will encompass the globe and remove or reduce some of the encumbrances to world peace.
See here for more benefits to affiliate membership
Note: When we have in excess of twelve Affiliate Churches the Interfaith Church will approach the Attorney Generals office and seek inclusion in the next Marriage (Recognised Denominations) Proclamation. This will enable the Church to appoint clergy in its affiliate churches as required under the Marriage Act 1961.
- Friends of the Church - are Organisations which actively seek to reduce discrimination or promote interfaith dialogue. While we may not agree on all things we acknowledge the common ground we share and may work together at times to promote our mutual goals and raise awareness.
To join, please send us your name, email address and postcode and tell us which type of membership best suits you or your organisation.